How Your Child Heals
How Your Child Heals: An Inside Look at Common Childhood Ailments
by Christopher M. Johnson, M.D.
Available in hardback and soft cover
All children get sick now and then, and most of the time they soon get well. How do they do that? How does it happen? When you bring your sick child to the doctor for something trivial, like a runny nose, or for something more serious, like difficulty breathing, you usually hear from the doctor that this or that treatment will make the child better, or that no treatment is needed at all. Some parents are content with little information; others want to know how a child heals and why things work the way they do. If you are one of the latter, this book is for you. The book takes you on a tour of the inner workings of a child’s body as it heals from injury, illness, and common diseases.
Table of Contents:
- Inflammation: A Visit to a Sore Finger – First Chapter Available At Facebook
- Location, Location, Location: An Ear Infection’s Lesson
- Sometimes the Body Does Silly Things: What Asthma Looks Like
- Not All Body Parts Are Useful: A Look Inside a Sick Appendix
- How We Know the Enemy: A Close-up View of the Immune System
- When the Environment Attacks: Allergies and Other Encounters
- Fevers, Aches, and Itches: Where Do Symptoms Come From?
- How Injuries Heal: An Inside Expedition to Bruises and Broken Bones
- What Cancer Can Teach Us about Healing
- How Can We Help a Child Heal?
- When Healing Fails
- Healing and the Tree of Life
- Suggestions for Further Reading